Austin is in Conversation Stage. As the Austin Water website says, this means:
Conservation Stage Restrictions
- You may water only on your assigned day(s) and times.
- Hose-end Sprinklers – two days per week – midnight to 10 a.m. and/or 7 p.m. to midnight
- Automatic Irrigation – one day per week – midnight to 10 a.m. and/or 7 p.m. to midnight (Residential customers may also water a second day with a hose-end sprinkler)
- Commercial / Multi-family / Public Schools
- Hose-end Sprinklers or Automatic Irrigation – one day per week – midnight to 10 a.m. and/or 7 p.m. to midnight
- Wasting water is prohibited
- Washing vehicles at home is permitted with an auto shut-off hose or bucket
- Charity car washes may only be held at a commercial carwash
- Fountains must recirculate water
- Restaurants may not serve water unless requested by a customer
- Patio misters at commercial properties (including restaurants and bars) may only operate between 4 p.m. and midnight
- Commercial power/pressure washing equipment must meet efficiency requirements
To find your watering days and read the full article on water restrictions, visit the AustinTexas.gov website.